Sunday, March 21, 2010

Loooong time no post!

Well, work has really really kept me busy. But I am back in the saddle, so to speak, of my hobby.

So let us take a look at 3B9WR, Rodriguez Island. I worked him on the second call. There was a huge pileup of EU and US. I did it with 100 watts and a vertical. What was the difference? SDR and Flex 3000, of course.

Take a look at this image.



The pileup is massive and wide. I saw him working the pileup effectively, and once I saw him responding to stations at the lower end....I looked for a clear frequency. BAM! Got him right away after second call. The Flex mad all the difference because I can SEE where noone else is, and that is where I make my call.

3B9 was not new DX, but it was new on 40 meters. And I LOVE busting pileups!

73 and good DX

No comments:

Post a Comment