Saturday, July 16, 2011

Here and there...

Looking at the logbook, I can see a gradual increase in my progress towards DXCC honor roll.

The sunspot cycle is improving, also reflected in my log.

In the past six weeks, I worked C21 and JX5 for all-time new ones. Also worked several new ones on the higher bands. This was while I was doing extensive travel for work, so the on-air time was very limited on the weekends...in between honey-do tasks. (I'm not complaining, I have the most awesome wife ever...she has unending patience for my hobby and I am the luckiest ham ever!) So there are always tasks to complete on the weekends...house maintenance, walking the dogs, working with the horse. It's probably a good thing; with my obsessive personality I would probably spend all day every day in front of the ham radio gear!

Speaking of gear, my THP 1.2Kfx HF amp makes the difference with 500 watts out. It's the difference between QSO and no QSO in several instances.

73 and good DX!

No comments:

Post a Comment