Tuesday, October 20, 2009

And the hits just keep on coming...

I have been trying for two weeks to work TX5SPA/TX5SPM with no luck. The hex beam is still down, so I have the 43 foot vertical and the low off-center-fed dipole.

No luck on 17, 20, 30, or 40. Never heard him on 80 or the other bands. Pileups usually too intense for me to get through.

But TODAY! Saw TX5SPM on Marquesas on 20 CW and worked him on the second call. 100 watts to the vertical. Not new DX (I have FO/M on 40 confirmed), but new on 20.

The Flex DSP helped with making him copyable, and I could clearly see the stations he was answering in the split, so it was like shooting fish in a barrel to work him.

My only challenge is being heard now, and with 100 watts that is not going to change. So I just need more patience.

One week until the move. Cannot wait to get the antennas up!

73 and good DX!

No comments:

Post a Comment