On Saturday night, I put up the 43 foot vertical.
On Tuesday, I put up a 160-10 off-center-fed dipole from Buckmaster up at 64 feet, beaming 330/150 broadsied. I used a secret weapon to put up the antenna. Whoa, this thing is a DREAM! Worth every penny!
Today (Thursday), I put up the 20 meter hex beam...only at 32 feet for now...need to have it up for the CQ WW CW contest this weekend.
I took down the 80-10 off-center-fed Buckmaster, I will re-orient it next week on an East/West heading.
So, what results have I achieved so far?
Well, the new QTH continues to be VERY quiet. On 20 CW, I heard JA1NUT 579, VR2MY 539. Did not have time to try and break the pileup.
What have I worked, that is interesting?
12 meters: ZL1BYz, CE0/SM6CUK
15 meters: A25NW, ZP6CW
17 meters: V51AS, A25WN (CW - 10 min; SSB, huge pileup, 30 min of attempts), 9L1NH
20 meters: 9G5TT, A25NW
30 meters: CE0/SM6CUK, A25NW
40 meters: 3B8CF, RW0CN
80 meters: 4L6AA
160 meters: PJ2/K8ND (easy), need to get some EU DX to work towards 9BDXCC
Kudos to Tom, K9NW, down on Botswana with the A25NW call. What a fantastic op. The SSB pileup on 17 meters was a real zoo, but he kept it moving and never lost his cool.
1. The 43 foot vertical is working well with 10 radials down, each 50 feet in length. I need to add another 10 radials. The remote tuner is, as always, essential
2. The total coax run is about 250 feet to each antenna. I need some lower-loss coax, I suspect, althouth the RG-213 is not hurting me all that much.
3. The Buckmaster at 64 feet has the ends drooped, to form a two-element broadside phased vertical pattern.
4. The 20 meter hex beam is BACK ON LINE.
I am ready for the contest! Hope to work at least three new ones.
- Get the remote antenna switch in place.
- Get the 80-10 Buckmaster up and running.
- Get the satellite station back online.
73 and GOOD DX!